I picked up some fresh Niagara peaches at the Peach festival in Niagara on the Lake this weekend. Here’s a little raw recipe that I’ve whipped together for a party tomorrow. As usual, this is a play it by ear recipe.
This is just a quick post so I don’t forget to post about it. I’ll have to grab a photo later when I cut these in to squares. Right now it’s setting in the freezer.
- Coconut butter – about 400 grams
- 8 ripe peaches
- a touch of stevia, to taste
- a touch of vanilla
- a pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Coconut flour
- Coconut oil
- A touch of ground ginger
- Blitz the coconut butter in the food processor until it makes a smooth cream.
- Cut the peaches up in to slices and start to drop them in the food processor until everything is blitzed together.
- Add the other ingredients to taste.
- Pour batter in to a bowl and set aside on the counter.
- No need to clean the food processor. Just throw about half a cup of coconut flour in and start to blitz it, then add dates and some coconut oil until it still starts to come together as a dough. Add more coconut flour as needed.
- Use some coconut oil to grease a square pan. I have a flexible non-stick silicone pan that I like for raw desserts. Press the crust in to the bottom, then pour the batter in. Set in freezer for at least 2 hours. Cut in to squares and enjoy!
The flavour has come out quite subtle and creamy and really nice. Let’s see if the drunkers at the party appreciate it or not.