I’ve been pretty sick this week. Cough cough. Unfortunately, that means missing today’s raw vegan potluck which is so sad! Not only did I miss last month’s because we were on vacation, but today there’s a special presentation from a raw chef. I’m disappointed to miss it.
I decided that I would still send a dessert in my absence. I had 2 very ripe pineapples waiting to make this dessert and they weren’t going to keep, so may as well let the other people enjoy. I was very careful when I made the dessert so it’s definitely germ free! I forgot to snap a photo before I sent it to the potluck which is happening now. Hopefully Lee takes some pictures.
This is a little bit like a raw cheesecake meets an ice cream (or sorbet) cake. When I first made this, I thought I wouldn’t do it with coconut butter and only with agar flakes, but then I changed my mind. So the version that I sent to the potluck had agar listed in the ingredients but you can skip it in the final recipe:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Shredded Coconut
- Coconut Oil
- Blitz in the food processor.
- Coat bottom of a spring form pan with coconut oil, then sprinkle with shredded coconut. This will prevent the crust from sticking.
- Press the crust into the pan and set aside.
- Take the juice of a fresh pineapple and put it in your dehydrator in a shallow pan. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Check on it to make sure it doesn’t over dehydrate. This will concentrate into a very sweet syrup that you can drizzle over your cake. (I took a nap and mine over dehydrated so I put the “candied pineapple” on top of my cake.)
- 2 large pineapples
- 2 cups raw unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Blitz the coconut and oil in the food processor to make coconut butter.
- Add the meat of 2 pineapples. Blitz!
- Poor over your pie crust.
- Let set in the freezer for at least one hour.