I can’t believe how easy and delicious coconut butter is to use as a base for icing. Amazing! Even people who don’t [think] they like coconut love this as icing.
First, to make coconut butter, simply pulverize unsweetened coconut flakes in the food processor along with a little drop of coconut oil. For a smoother, more “wet” icing you can use additional coconut oil. I use coconut butter in so many recipes that I always make an extra jar and keep it on hand for the next time I’ll need it.
- Coconut Butter
- Agave to taste
- Vanilla to taste
Blend it up in the food processor and it’s as simple as that! Depending on how much coconut oil you had added to your coconut butter, or how much agave and vanilla you used, this may harden when cool or stay a bit more runny. It’s up to you. If you’d like it to stay more “wet” then add some extra coconut oil or agave.
Raw Vegan Icing variations:
- Raw Vegan Coconut Icing – add a tiny drop of coconut extract to draw out the coconut taste
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Icing – add cocoa powder and a bit more coconut oil
- Raw Vegan Mint Icing – add fresh mint leaves as well as a drop of peppermint extract
- Raw Vegan Lemon Icing – a good dose of fresh squeezed lemon, extra agave, and optional lemon extract
- Raw Vegan Maple Icing – use maple syrup instead of agave